• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

If one goes to Youtube and types "Gettysburg ghosts", you will see some pretty amazing videos.  I get chills watching them.   Has anyone here gone to Gettysburg and what were your experiences?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:08 PM

HI Petunia good to see you :D

I haven't but I have seen a few amazing videos on youtube too :yes:

This is my favourite so I thought I would share.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 LeticiaAlb

LeticiaAlb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:37 AM

Yeah that is one of my favorites too :good:

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,549 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:26 AM

I've never been, but there seems to be a LOT of hauntings there, no surprise with all the deaths and battles. I have seen some videos and things from there. I'm generally skeptical when it comes to photos and videos, but some do seem likely to be paranormal
Posted Image

#5 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

Hi, Petunia.

I've planned on going to Gettysburg numerous times but haven't made it there yet.  It's not that far from me.  I remember ghosts crossing a lawn on a path with lanterns.  Pretty neat.  I think it was taken before photoshop became available.  Not sure.

Does anyone remember Gettysburg Mary?
Happily Wacko.

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,549 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 27 October 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

HI Petunia good to see you :D

I haven't but I have seen a few amazing videos on youtube too :yes:

This is my favourite so I thought I would share.

This is one of the videos I really like. They are just showing a section in a loop, not the entire video, and they made it all black and white here, likely because the contrast makes the figures more visible. On the original, you can see quick little 'sparks' before a figure appears. On several investigation, I've seen these sparks right before something presumably paranormal happens, like  a precursor.

In this video among the talking heads is Kristin Luman, who is now with Ghost Hunters. She originally was in Ghost Mine on Sy Fy. Back then I couldn't find any paranormal background for her, just that she's an actress. I also see Jay Verburg commenting. In the Ghost mine series, he was supposedly one of the miners who took leave of his computer job to try and make a go of mining. Well, here he  is billed as a 'paranormal expert". Which makes me think he was a hired actor (like Kristin) who decided he could make money trying to be an expert.

Too bad show biz has to taint the field with all these self proclaimed experts who probably had less of a paranormal background than many of us here. Same thing for many of the talking heads on UFO shows, many don't have a clue but get paid pretending they do.
Posted Image

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

hmm you're right, actors on paid gigs rather than professionals. disappointing.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

OMG the biggest fake I have seen to date. Whoever did this video knows nothing about the paranormal or photoshop.
Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

#9 Death Omen

Death Omen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Oh, about anything related to the "paranormal" since having retired from doing psychotherapy.

Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:37 AM

Been a  reg. visitor there since about 1952 and part time staff when in college, worked with various authors, met artists, etc but if you want to go to ANY place that has a real hist. of hauntings, Gettysburg, is the 1st place to go, Go in Spring/Fall to avoid the tourists crowds,  any good book store will have books on "haunted locations" but don't expect the "ghostly group" to just pop up when you wish them to. Doesn't work that way. NEVER take anything on face  value, read up on the battle, the  troops, locations etc and don't expect the locals to be always to be happy to see ya'. I've seen "things" I can't explain and after about 10 yrs of being there on staff, I have been taught to expect anything. Highly recommend  visit there, esp. if you had relatives who fought/died there, who knows, ya' might run into them again. I have had it happen to me on several occasions with ancestors who died there  but that's part of the charm of the place. Ya' never know who or what will show up. :good:
"If you can tell me what is wrong with you then I can help you understand just how wrong you are."

"No you're right. Let's do it the DUBEST WAY POSSIBLE because I I easier or you and everyone else to understand".

"Don't bother trying to figure me out. Not even they little voice in m head understand me".

"I'M RETRED. This is as dressed up as I'm going to get".

"Sorry if I look interested....I'm not".

"People who think they know it all have no clue as to how little they really know."

#10 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:26 AM

Agreed Death Omen, Gettysburg is a special place.  It is where I became interested in the paranormal.  I have spent much time on the battlefield as business takes me there often.  Over the last several years I have collected EVP's & ITC recordings from all over the battlefield.   Anywhere you go there seems to be activity.  I have spent hours out in the dark recording voices at Little Round Top, the Wheat Field, Reynolds Woods, the Brick Yard, Culps Hill and even came across a confederate mass grave near Sachs Bridge.  I also have some interesting recordings from Green Cemetery.  I recorded a southern voice saying "Help me" and then a female voice saying rather bitterly, "Someone help that Sesh".  Researching that EVP I found that two confederate soldiers were buried in Green Cemetery several months after the battle ended.  The townspeople were so upset about it that their bodies were reportedly dug up by the caretaker and removed but he never revealed where they were taken and re-buried.  The EVP leads me to believe that they were never removed from the cemetery.  I highly recommend a visit to Gettysburg it has a particular "feel" to it that you won't experience anywhere else.

#11 Death Omen

Death Omen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Oh, about anything related to the "paranormal" since having retired from doing psychotherapy.

Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:08 AM

:good:Nice to see that some one else enjoys the place as much as I do.....
"If you can tell me what is wrong with you then I can help you understand just how wrong you are."

"No you're right. Let's do it the DUBEST WAY POSSIBLE because I I easier or you and everyone else to understand".

"Don't bother trying to figure me out. Not even they little voice in m head understand me".

"People who think they know it all have no clue as to how little they really know."

#12 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,731 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:20 AM

I've always wanted to go there - maybe it's time to do just that.

So I have decided to go to Gettysburg the 1st week in August.  Does anyone have a particular place you'd recommend I stay?
Posted Image

#13 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:38 PM

The 1863 Inn Gettysburg is a nice place to stay.  It is an older building but well maintained.  They have the best breakfast of anywhere that I've stayed in Gettysburg.  They say the top floor is haunted but I've spent several nights on that floor and nothing (LOL).   It is in the heart of everything and is within easy walking distance to the Gettysburg National Cemetery and the battlefield.  Of course the whole town was the battlefield.  Check out Tommy's Pizza, some of the best basic pizza I've ever had.  I have several friends now addicted to Tommy's Pizza.  We suspicion they may put crack in it (JK).  Farnsworth Inn is just a short walk down the street.  The Jennie Wade house is at the side of The 1863 Inn if you want to take a tour of that.  Comfort Suites is ok and next to the Green Cemetery.  Jennie Wade's grave is at the top of the hill in Green Cemetery, worth a look.  The newer hotels are on the outskirts of Gettysburg. Death Omen can probably tell you a lot more than I can but have fun and stay safe.

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:48 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 26 July 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

I've always wanted to go there - maybe it's time to do just that.

So I have decided to go to Gettysburg the 1st week in August.  Does anyone have a particular place you'd recommend I stay?

Oh exciting I can't wait to hear how your trip goes :D I wish I lived closer I would like to visit too!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 Death Omen

Death Omen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

Agree with the  suggestion of the Gettysburg Inn as the place to stay. :good: Check very early. Ghosts stories told in basement, when not seein' what is goin' 'bump in the night", yes, the place is verified as truly "haunted".  Last time I was there, light years ago, it was a bed/breakfast but who knows its status now. Food  service was to "die for"  no pun intended. Prices good compared to other places and for convenience, you can't beat it. An old pic showed the front of the inn with an A/C in 1 window,  where wifey stays for 2 weeks. Recommendations based on friends recent visits and my own experiences there sometime ago. In total, check it out before you book anyplace else.