© Fisana

Old Man Tip #

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:02 AM

Now that I am in my 50's, I thought I could come up with old man tips to help others who could use suggestions to help make their life easier.

Old man tip #1
I unsure if you need to urinate before going to bed?  Turn on the hot water tap and let it run with your non-brushing teeth hand under it while you brush.  As the water heats up, you will know if you need to go before you're done brushing!  XD

I dont think anyone likes waking up in the middle of the night to have to go.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:18 PM

I wake up to go at least twice per night. I do what you do at bedtime though. My electric toothbrush runs on a  2 minute cycle, so I take care of business while brushing, saving time and plus I'm relaxed
Posted Image

#3 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:40 PM

If you two have any old lady tips ………. please feel free to share.  I need all the help I can get!!!

#4 rainmaker

rainmaker

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Family, Learning

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:21 AM

If you enjoy your coffee save up for a decent bean to cup machine and then find some fresh coffee beans that you like.

We splashed out on a machine a few months ago and it's been the best thing I've purchased for some time.

You can experiment with different coffee beans and it's lots of fun trying new flavours (some not so much)

I personally like the Lavazza beans and there seems to be so many different types of Arabica and Robusta blends. Still I'm pretty new to this so lots more to try.

Of course you don't need a bean to cup machine, you can get the same or similar results using different cheaper methods but I like the ease of this machine.

Before this I would drink mostly instant coffee which was good just not great. For me that's the difference.

Try not to have anything too strong after 3pm as it may keep you awake. Higher Robusta content the more caffeine I think.

I like a mixture of 70% Arabica and 30% Robusta but of course your taste may well be different to mine.

You deserve it! (most of you) haha

Enjoy

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:19 AM

Old man tip #2

Get a hearing aid!!!  Use it as an excuse for not hearing your wife/husband rather than getting busted for not listening to her/him.   XD
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

**raises hand**

Very common in married couples to not hear or listen to your partner. If I'm in the other room and get called it isn't really loud, so I can choose to temporarily ignore if I'm busy. I do have trouble with people's voices though, I can hear the volume ok but sometimes can't understand what they're saying. I turn on closed captioning for some TV shows, especially if there's a lot of music or background noise, or I won't have a clue what's being said.

It's not real bad at this point, but out of curiosity I researched hearing aids. Not covered by insurance and insanely expensive. If my hearing gets a lot worse over the years, I may have to look again. In the meantime if someone says something to me I didn't catch, I just smile and nod. :rofl:
Posted Image

#7 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:03 PM

I'm at the age that I've stopped buying green bananas... :shocked:

#8 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:31 PM

Vlawde, on 01 February 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

**raises hand**

Very common in married couples to not hear or listen to your partner. If I'm in the other room and get called it isn't really loud, so I can choose to temporarily ignore if I'm busy. I do have trouble with people's voices though, I can hear the volume ok but sometimes can't understand what they're saying. I turn on closed captioning for some TV shows, especially if there's a lot of music or background noise, or I won't have a clue what's being said.

It's not real bad at this point, but out of curiosity I researched hearing aids. Not covered by insurance and insanely expensive. If my hearing gets a lot worse over the years, I may have to look again. In the meantime if someone says something to me I didn't catch, I just smile and nod. :rofl:
That has gotten me in a world of trouble before! lol Still it's a good idea just the same.....you at least have a possibility of succeeding.  It was just the worst situation ever for me to nod, smile, shake my head yes and say "that's great!'

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:33 PM

Vlawde, on 01 February 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

**raises hand**

I have trouble with certain tones. I can hear that something is being said, I just can't make out what it was. Unless of course, I'm looking at their faces and can read their lips. i can't stand it when people start to talk to me and turn their backs or worse yet, leave the room. :headlbash:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:28 AM

Old man Tip #3
Always notice your wife's hair and shoes...give compliments on either or both.  She will like the compliments....

P.S.
do not make the compliments right after she gets out of bed.  Bed head and fuzzy slippers are never compliment worthy in her eyes XD
Life is short, enjoy it!

#11 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:22 PM

LouczarGStudy, on 04 February 2020 - 06:28 AM, said:

Old man Tip #3
Always notice your wife's hair and shoes...give compliments on either or both.  She will like the compliments....

P.S.
do not make the compliments right after she gets out of bed.  Bed head and fuzzy slippers are never compliment worthy in her eyes XD
True, true, true!!!! Trust me she will take it as 'He used to think I was beautiful.' My hair looked like a frayed q-tip, I had on old hospital scrubs as pajamas, 2 different colored socks & probably a missing eyebrow when this happened to me. Please listen to LouczarGStudy!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:39 AM

lol Ha ha here is a song that list old man tips :)

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:43 PM

View PostParanormalEmpath, on 01 February 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'm at the age that I've stopped buying green bananas... :shocked:
I have too! I might not be here when they're nice and ripe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!