Roommate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Altersense

Altersense

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 08 May 2020 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. I've been distracted with my family and near constant research on multiple subjects, but I have been considering what experience to share with you as I have so many, and I have settled on one. Please forgive any punctuation and grammar errors. I try but I do not pretend to care about it or even be good at it, honestly.(-:

This experience was over the course of a year. I won't include everything, as it will be more lengthy than it already is just covering some of the things that stood out.

I met this person through work. We knew each other for about 6 months when she came to my desk and inquired if I, by any chance, was looking for a roommate/place. I was, in fact. She asked how I would feel about getting a place with her and her 4 year old son. I was in a terrible situation so I jumped at the chance. She showed me this beautiful home over one hundred years old, in an historic neighborhood. The top floor was being rented. She called the owner and we went and looked at it during lunch. It was very nice. I did not get any negative vibes from the place and two days later we presented first months rent with deposit and signed the lease.

My new roommate took the next day off of work and moved in. I had to wait, however, because I was in a dangerous situation with an abusive person and opted to wait until he was at work to move myself and my 3 month old the following Monday. I was ecstatic. This was the break I was waiting for.

The day we signed the lease, I had a dream that night. I've only had less than a handful of these types of dreams. When I woke, I thought, "Uh oh." I admit I was disturbed most of the morning, wondering if I was accountable for warning my new roommate. Who would believe me? Who makes decisions based on dreams these days, anyways, lol. I "decided" it was "just a dream, even though I knew it wasn't. The lingering energy or emotion with those kinds of dreams, accompanied by like a static electrical residue or effect where the hair on your body is prickly,...its different. In a nutshell, the dream took on the feel of, not a warning, but  a prophecy. I watched as my roommate, but especially her 4 yr old, was relentlessly attacked by this dark entity. I kept chasing all of them through the new apartment and the dream finally ended when my roommate and her son was cornered in the living room. Her son was walking around on all fours on the ceiling. I demanded that he be released and returned to his mom. He was crying. They both were hysterical. I stood between them and IT. It LOOKED like the man with a tall hat, but that part is fuzzy. I remember its loud footsteps on the wood floor. I remember asking its name but honestly I don't recall if I got an answer or not. This was a very stressful time during my personal life and random details, important or trivial, slipped through the cracks all the time.

Ultimately, I decided there was nothing I could do. The lease was signed. I didn't tell my new roommate because people are very impressionable. Always needing further proof that my particular strange reality was real, I would not plant that seed in her mind to grow and just observe what happens.

Friday comes and goes. Saturday. I am at my second office job I work at on the weekends. About
an hour after I open up the office, my roommate and her son come in. She looks slightly frazzled but she is smiling. I already know something is up.

"Oh, hey! How did the move go?"

She responded with a "Well.." and a stifled laugh/snort and looked around the lobby for other onlookers. The kind of reaction a person gives who is about to tell you something that their afraid is going to make them look crazy.

Abruptly, "Is there any possible way you can move in early? Like today."

"Not unless I want to chance death." She knew the situation I was in

"Yeah, but what if we get the police involved."

"Tried that. Look, just trust me. I have to wait until Monday. I have everything setup and people ready to help, Monday."  I already knew but I asked anyways, "Why?"

She then described a hellish first night in the house. Loud footsteps, slamming doors, flickering lights. They moved from their two room suite into the living room to sleep on the floor so they could face the activity going on. She said it sounded like footsteps came into the living room and walked around, pacing back and forth. Her and her son were extremely scared. He reported seeing a tall man in a hat.

I didn't divulge my dream, but my heart sank all the same for them. I suggested maybe she stay with a friend over the weekend until Monday. I believe she opted to do that, but cannot remember.

Monday comes, I move in and am settled with my little one in our room by mid afternoon. Tired from the day, I retire early that evening, saying goodnight to our new roommates. I am in my room, all the lights off except the tv, while I nurse. My attention is grabbed by the distinctive sounds of someone rummaging through one of my open boxes in the corner. I put the baby down. Turn on the light. The noise stops but it was too late. I saw the boxes vibrate in the faint light of the tv. I pull the three boxes away from the wall. Quickly look for a rodent or snake. Look inside the boxes with a flashlight. Open the nearby closet and search it for any trespassers or even holes that would allow access from the outside/downstairs to this floor. Nothing.

I replace everything as it was, turn the light off, and go back to feeding the baby. The noise starts again immediately after we are settled. I watch as the boxes shake a little more than slightly and move as something seems to examine the contents, mostly books in those particular boxes. I got the distinct feeling I was being assessed. Summed up, so to speak. The invasion was so obvious at the point, as I calmly look at the boxes in the corner.

With calm, authoritative and matter-of-fact resolute I said,  "Have your look. After this night, you will not come into my area as long as I occupy it."

The noise paused, resumed and slowed, coming to a complete stop a within a couple of minutes. I fell asleep quickly after and slept peacefully. I never had issues in my room or any other the rest of the year. My roommate, however, is another story. I was witness to a lot of strange things. I feel this is already too long so Ill post a Roommate part 2 in a day or two.

Edited by Altersense, 08 May 2020 - 12:24 PM.

#2 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 01:55 PM

Being calm and assertive goes a long way when it comes to controlling our personal space. So many people get caught in the mindset of 'defending' themselves or 'fighting' off things, instead of simply exercising their authority.

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:39 PM

I concur with True North. Firmly and respectfully without exception confirm your living space as YOURS. I once had a similar situation forcing me to take back my personal living space. In doing so early, I never had any other experience that was slightly threatening. Obviously every case needs to be treated individually. Glad things worked out for you and I do hope things begin to settle with your roommate Altersense.

Edited by EVP, 08 May 2020 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:52 PM

You were forewarned through your prophetic dream and used your free will  to keep  your unwelcome visitor out of YOUR SPACE. I feel you need to work on your whole apartment space you share with your friend and let her know of your dream, but, I feel you have already done that!  :)

So glad you were able to get out of your abusive relationship too!

Look forward to reading the next part of your roommate experience :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:00 PM

Can't wait to read the next part of your experience!! And glad to hear that things have worked out for you :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!