#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,424 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:39 AM

Back in March, the company I work for figured it was safer for us to work from home. My company is an overall customer service one that has multiple clients/contracts.

Working from home is awesome, and our productivity went up quite a bit. Last Wednesday we all had a phone meeting and were informed our contract was taking all support elsewhere. To be fair, we were the most expensive site for them to run so it wasn't 100% unexpected. We created a FB group because pretty much everyone (200 or so) were friends and had lots of fun at work, events and on our chat, Slack.

When we turned in our equipment and signed separation paperwork, we were told another contract there was hiring 11 people if we wanted to apply. I figured what the heck. Had a phone interview late  Friday and was informed yesterday I was hired! Again, due to the virus, this will at least for now be a work at home deal. I was almost considering unemployment, since with the additional $600 for the virus I'd be making a little more money, but I'd be bored after a few weeks. I start in 2 weeks.
Posted Image

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:24 AM

Congratulations, I think more companies if they can will be keen to have their employees work from home :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Altersense

Altersense

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 13 May 2020 - 05:32 AM

Congratulations! I been off of work until they call me back and am on unemployment. I wanted a long vacation. I'd say I got one, lol. Have had no issues staving off boredom due to everything I have going, but I know exactly what you mean based on past experience. Usually after two weeks off, I was bored to death and ready to be working again.

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:04 PM

Congratulations!

I have started a new job this week (within my company) which is so weird doing remotely, but hopefully we will all be back in the office soon.
It's in the trees, it's coming!