© Fisana

Something Had Some New Fun Last Night At The House

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:17 AM

My wife, daughter and I have all had experiences at the house.  I wrote about them here over the last few years.  Nothing has really changed.  Then I got up this morning.

A bit of info on me. When I get ready for bed, I will brush my teeth and take my pants or shorts off and leave them on the bathroom floor.  I leave my wallet, keys and anything else in my pockets of my shorts from that day.

After my shower and getting dressed, I took all the stuff out of my pockets from yesterdays shorts.  My keys have both my and my wife's key FOB's on them for our cars.  My keys have 2 medium size rings connected.  Both key fobs have small rings to connect onto another ring and were both connected to one of the medium size rings.  Both key FOB's were no longer connected to either of the medium size key ring.  they were loose in my pocket with the rest of my keys that were still on the rings.  None of the rings were damaged.

SO VERY GLAD that was all that happened.  I would not be happy if the FOB's went missing!!!!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:20 AM

Well that answers my question about if anyone else has had activity!

Yes I am glad the keys were left in the pocket for you to find too, you must have had a considerate visitor :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:40 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 09 June 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

Well that answers my question about if anyone else has had activity!

Yes I am glad the keys were left in the pocket for you to find too, you must have had a considerate visitor :yes:

You know, outside of the physical manifestation I saw a couple years ago, the missing bill that was found under my wife's purse and the attic door opening by itself...This is the most profound activity with physical manipulation of something in quite awhile.

What was going on that you were going to ask if anyone else had activity lately?
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:33 PM

lol well if someone is going to visit I prefer the polite ones over the others! !
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:12 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 08 June 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

Had a few strange things happen just wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything?

I was awake early in the morning and I walked through my walk-in wardrobe with just my iPod to light the way. When I glanced at the mirror on the dutchess there was this white swirling anomaly reflected in the mirror (coming down from the upper left top corner).

I tried to reproduce it with my iPod light without any success.

Then another night I heard this loud bang. Since there are only two of us in the house and I can see hubby sitting at the dining table, I went down to the other end of the house to see if I could find anything that could have made the sound. I found the dutchess mirror had fallen to the floor behind the dutchess and had broken!  I am glad I am not superstitious!

Now two days ago I was in the kitchen and walked out passed hubby at the table, again, and down the hall into our bedroom when a loud bang came from the kitchen, loud enough for hubby to ask, "What are you doing in there"! (He must have thought I was still in the kitchen).

There have been other tapping and banging going on, just to be annoying, but I haven't seen or heard (voices) anything else.

Just asked if anyone else had activity, looks like your up  ;)
Posted Image

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:14 AM

Last night was interesting.  Made sure to be very specific in how i laid my shorts down in the bathroom and checked my keys and FOB's before taking the shorts off.  Got into bed and tried to relax to fall asleep.  It was a few minutes later is when I heard some sounds.  Sounds of stuff being jostled, a plastic bag being touched to make sound and the sound of light foot steps on my wife's side of the bed.  The sounds only lasted for 30-60 seconds.  Long enough to get my brain to work overdrive to rationalize what it could have been causing it.

Given that my wife is a bit of a pack rat and she has a fair amount of stuff in our room.  I eventually had thoughts that it could be mice.  No droppings or anything else that we have noticed.  I will put out a couple of mouse traps to rule that out.

The light sounding foot steps did mess with me.  Brings back memories of the first time we let my son stay home when my wife and took our daughters to compete in the state gymnastics meet that was in Dallas (3.5 hours away).  My son, who was 12 at the time called us that evening to say that he is hearing someone or something running up and down our stairs in the house and that no one was there and all the doors were locked.  My wife and I wrote it off as an over active imagination or being home alone after dark.  It was at this time that our youngest daughter reminded my wife when she told her of the things she claimed to have seen in the house when she was younger.  My wife told me when our youngest claimed to see things and we both wrote it off as her imagination.

Anyone have any ideas why things are more active right now?
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:23 AM

I am not sure about the activity, but funny you said the mice thing! I thought the same and have had traps set for weeks just to rule that out but nothing! I usually see them before a trap goes off as I seem to be hypersensitive to them being around.

I think that has to do with my fear of them! Or maybe they are trap savvy :fright:

I have had the electrical cords move next to me so I jump up thinking it is some logical explanation (rodent) but no!
Posted Image

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:43 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 10 June 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

I think that has to do with my fear of them! Or maybe they are trap savvy :fright:

I wont be able to use a traditional mouse trap as it would scare my wife if it went off in the middle of the night....and if it did, then she would demand me remove the dead mouse if there was one.

I may get one of these and set it up in the bedroom for during the day..just to be sure.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:04 AM

The best bait for mice is peanut butter. I have several visitors typically in the fall as temperatures fall and they seek shelter from the cold.
Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:44 PM

and also, we've been told to expect a bit of a rat and mice plague here due to the lack of food (as all the restaurants and general city traffic has ceased)... so we're expecting lots more little furry critters !

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:17 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 10 June 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

and also, we've been told to expect a bit of a rat and mice plague here due to the lack of food (as all the restaurants and general city traffic has ceased)... so we're expecting lots more little furry critters !

Oh yuk I hate mice :fright:

I have also heard mice hate peppermint oil so I am getting some of that!
Posted Image

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 June 2020 - 07:33 AM

Peppermint oil works well. One of the chippies we have here decided to store acorns in the cellar under the insulation around one of the windows. My mom sprayed the oil all around, and she found the hole it used to get in and poured mothballs down it to deter it from coming back in.

This year, my neighbor's father has a chipmunk problem. They had to set up traps because he has thirty chippies roaming around his place. And we have three this year, not to mention a whole bunch of wildlife in our yard. We've seen a baby fox, groundhog, skunks, bobwhite, box turtle, red sliders(turtle), mama mallard with babies in tow, buntings, ruby-throat hummers, crows, parakeets,  great horned owls, fisher cat, and squirrels. There's one pesky guy who likes to jump into the feeders. Yesterday, I yelled at him to get out, which he did, only to jump back into it again. This time I yelled, and he didn't even bother to look at me. So, I went out and walked right up to him and yelled at him. He didn't even flinch, so I swatted his tail. He jumped off and sat there looking at me, so I walked him off the property. He slowly walked away, with me not more than five inches behind him.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 12 June 2020 - 07:34 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:20 AM

Speaking of wildlife...I have had deer coming into my garage and getting into the bag of cat food.  turns out that deer love cat food.  It got to the point that there would be deer at the garage door if I walked out to the garage.  I think they were all daring each other to go first.

Turns out that one has a lot of trust in me....

https://www.facebook...19076704774748/
Life is short, enjoy it!

#14 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

Awwwwww!

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:52 PM

I couldn't watch your video :(

What's the difference between chipmunks and squirrels? we have neither in Australia

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:22 PM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 14 June 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

What's the difference between chipmunks and squirrels? we have neither in Australia

Posted Image

Source: Pest Strategies

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:00 PM

is one more annoying than the other?

#18 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:03 PM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 25 June 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

is one more annoying than the other?
To me - squirrels are, but that's only because I don't have a lot of chipmunks!

#19 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,435 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:14 AM

Says video unavailable
Posted Image

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:17 PM

View PostVlawde, on 29 June 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

Says video unavailable

Yeah for me too, I would say the link must have expired? It looks like it is something facebook does so their content doesn't stay visible on other sites!
Posted Image