The Fakes Thread

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:35 AM

Per a request.
Please try to use this thread as an analysis/learning tool.

wink.gif

#2 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location:jamie oliver lifted the floor tile under which he lay and smiled for it would be oliver's next twist
  • Interests:Showing up to work on time.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 12:28 PM

Fabricated Photography?  Sounds so professional, yet Dr. Suess tone wink.gif

Anyways, this is a big subject that I like to talk about because it raises peoples awareness on the subject, so they can know things like apparitions (common ghost) are not the only types, as the most common are probably orbs!  But, one of the favorites of mine are the ones from this guy that sold them for about $40 each (excuse the numbers)

IPB Image

laugh.gif  

GRC; when you say fakers, do you mean indivduals cause if you do  mad.gif but if not smile.gif

#3 Eleonore

Eleonore

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, art, books, decorating, dolls

Posted 26 October 2004 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Popadopalis25 @ Oct 26 2004, 02:28 PM)
Fabricated Photography?  Sounds so professional, yet Dr. Suess tone wink.gif

Anyways, this is a big subject that I like to talk about because it raises peoples awareness on the subject, so they can know things like apparitions (common ghost) are not the only types, as the most common are probably orbs!  But, one of the favorites of mine are the ones from this guy that sold them for about $40 each (excuse the numbers)

IPB Image

laugh.gif 

GRC; when you say fakers, do you mean indivduals cause if you do  mad.gif but if not smile.gif
View Post

$40 each?? And he got some sold?  blink.gif  huh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
user posted image

#4 Upstate

Upstate

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

IPB Image

this pic is just plain bad....lol

Edited by Upstate, 27 October 2004 - 09:38 PM.

#5 Darklighter

Darklighter

Anomaly

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.<br /><br />After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.<br /><br />Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland. <br /><br />Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:41 AM

Yay! One of my favourite threads up and running!

Here's one I took on Saturday. As usual came up by accident.

This is a photo, taken at night with a digicam, of a window with fabricated spiderwebs on it (for Hallowe'en) without a flash.
Without the flash the web looks like a ghostly ecto mist thing. smile.gif

IPB Image

Even looks like a face in there. smile.gif

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."
</span>

#6 Smudge

Smudge

Spookyliscious

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:46 PM

I have been dying to have a go at trying the photoshop fabricated, so here are my attempts. Obvious fabrications.

The house is Battlecrease Mansion home of Jack the Ripper suspect James Maybrick. The face I used is that of Maybrick himself to add some credence to the fabricated.

I added the watermark in order to stop it turning up on the net one day as REAL!!!. rolleyes.gif

I have photoshopped 2 poses Of Maybrick in each pic.

IPB Image
Same again only different positions for the image.

IPB Image

In this one I have superimposed the bride onto the Bride Statue.
IPB Image

my favourite one another bride
Placed the same bride in a cemetery.

glad of any input as to how believable or unbelivable they may be lol.

deb

Edited by smudge, 14 November 2004 - 05:31 PM.

user posted image

#7 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2004 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(smudge @ Nov 14 2004, 07:46 PM)
I added the watermark in order to stop it turning up on the net one day as REAL!!!. rolleyes.gif

View Post

Great idea!

My favorite is actually the URL you posted!  That one looks more credible.  Good job!

#8 Smudge

Smudge

Spookyliscious

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:11 AM

Here is one I just fabricated, it took 5 minutes to do.. I used ordshall and Lady Jane Grey.
I know I have seen one or two similiar to this that are supposedly genuine.
I have learned one thing from having a go at faking........Never take any pic at face value lol.

Deb

IPB Image
user posted image

#9 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location:jamie oliver lifted the floor tile under which he lay and smiled for it would be oliver's next twist

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:49 PM

These are pretty cool.  I tried the throwing flour in the air then taking a picture trick to get orbs, but I got no avail. sad.gif

#10 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(smudge @ Nov 15 2004, 02:11 PM)
Here is one I just fabricated, it took 5 minutes to do.. I used ordshall and Lady Jane Grey.
I know I have seen one or two similiar to this that are supposedly genuine.
I have learned one thing from having a go at faking........Never take any pic at face value lol.

Deb

View Post

Wow, Deb!  That's another great example of fabrication at its best!  Impressive.  Great lesson - "never take any pic at face value".  Well said!

#11 GhostDog

GhostDog

Demon

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:46 AM

The house is Battlecrease Mansion home of Jack the Ripper suspect James Maybrick. The face I used is that of Maybrick himself to add some credence to the fabricated.

Nice touch, Deb! biggrin.gif I'm such a dork!!  It took me about five minutes to see the ghost in the second Battlecreek Mansion pic!

My favorite fabricated is a video clip from a site called My Son Peter.  The whole site/story was made up (I wanna say by an advertising firm?) and they've removed the video from the site since the last time I was there.  Does anyone have that clip saved by any chance?  If so, can you post a link??  I'd love to see it again!
Thanks!! cool.gif

Edited by GhostDog, 21 November 2004 - 06:33 PM.

user posted image

sit tibi terra levis...

#12 REDRUM

REDRUM

Apparition

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal of course. Why else would I be here? ;)

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:05 PM

Hey Gang,

Ooopsy, sorry.  I gotta start keeping track a little better.  I just realised I didn't come in here to clarify my picture.

You're sort of right in the sense that it's a double exposure.  This is done on a digital camera however so in order to be able to recreate the results of a double exposure, I set my camera on a tripod and extended my shutter speed to a couple of seconds, giving me enough time to get in to the shot, strike a pose and move out again.

It gave some pretty freaky results considering I was in my ghostly Halloween costume and was able to pull it off without motion streaks.  We really need to be careful of this possibility with our photography and supposed ghost photos given to us for perusal.  Particularly since the tripod gives the stability.

Imagine the results this could give in a cemetary?

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow

#13 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:25 PM

Neat.  I have this great picture that is a perfect example of moisture orbs, put I can't post it.  Sorry.

#14 Guest_cinjensen_*

Guest_cinjensen_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:28 PM

Can someone please tell me the reason someone would go through the time and trouble to fabricated a photo?  All I can figure is they have no life and nouthing better to do.

Also would like to comment that being acused or harsh toward a new ghost hunnter can be very discourageing.  Being inexperenced does not mean being a fabricated.  I have saw some pretty harsh responses to newbies who are trying to learn.
Cindy huh.gif

#15 deb_493

deb_493

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Interests:paranormal

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:21 AM

smile.gif hi cinjensen,i guess they feel that if they can fabricate it then perhaps it doesnt exist at all, and thereby dispute all scientific efforts to explain otherwise, im concerned that you feel some new members are not being treated fairly;i have not seen any of this here perhaps if you do witness something that concerns you, you should contact admin,im sure our friendly mod squad will be able to sort it out for you wink.gif
user posted image

#16 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 06:03 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/pop...ingwithfire.jpg

This was made when me and my friend played with some sort of spark thing for our movie.  Looks kinda like a fabricated.

#17 lavena

lavena

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 12:01 PM

I'm still not sure how he did this... but here's one that my fiancee took of himself. He has a Lomo camera that just absorbs the natural light, it doesn't use a flash, he's always playing around with it and doing tricks with it.

I'm just going to link the photo since it's kind of large:
Trev Orb

Also, I posted these on the old old board, but why not post them again. Some that were unintentionally fabricated by myself.
Whoops, caught the car window rolled halway down:
IPB Image

Fun with fireworks:
IPB Image

#18 Smudge

Smudge

Spookyliscious

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:49 PM

Can someone please tell me the reason someone would go through the time and trouble to fabricated a photo? All I can figure is they have no life and nouthing better to do.

Also would like to comment that being acused or harsh toward a new ghost hunnter can be very discourageing. Being inexperenced does not mean being a fabricated. I have saw some pretty harsh responses to newbies who are trying to learn.
Cindy

Hi
Those who have posted fabricated pics here in this thread have done so purely to prove just how easy it is to fabricate a picture. None of those posted will ever be shown and claimed to be genuine ghost pics.

I had a go at fabricating just to see how easily it can be achieved. And yes it was very easy if you know how to use a graphics programme.
One thing I learned from doing the fabricated pic, was that you should NEVER take any pic at face value.

There are many many people out there who will fabricate pics and claim them to be genuine untouched photo's...knowing how they make them has helped my understanding of what to look for in a pic that is being offered for opinion, or as a true capture.

I do have a life and better things to do... but ghost study is my little bolt hole, and the the possibility of a true ghost turning up in a pic fascinates me, I therefore want to be able to rule out things I see in pics when trying to judge for myself whether that pic is genuine or fabricated.

Hope that goes some way to explaining why I had a go at fabricating a picture... it was basically just a research lesson.

debbie
user posted image

#19 Shadow Gh0st

Shadow Gh0st

Earthbound Spirit

• False Positive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff<br /><br />ghosts,sports,web design<br /><br />thats the short version

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:10 PM

hey guys, here is a link with some very good fabricated pics that look real, espicially the Nessie pic.

Some very cool fabricted pics

Edited by Shadow Gh0st, 07 December 2004 - 10:10 PM.

IPB Image

#20 deb_493

deb_493

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Interests:paranormal

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

smile.gif hi everyone, just thought id show you a pic i took recently, there is nothing paranormal in this photo(that i am aware of unsure.gif )i thought that it was an interesting pic of light reflecting in through the backdoor and causing the illusion of something blink.gif bright and interesting standing on the stairs in doorway wink.gif i just want to show that simple lighting illusions can easily be mistaken for other things! ohmy.gif  smile.gif
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users