12 replies to this topic

#1 Mikey

Mikey

Ectoplasm

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:28 AM

Ok so I go to bed last night and I heard what sounded like my coat hangers in my closet moving around. Then a few seconds later I feel a strange sensation on my head above my ear. My hair didnt move where I was being rubbed but It felt tingly and like someone rubbing their finger above my ear on my scalp. I didnt feel scared I just wonder "what the heck is that?"

What do ghost touches feel like? I'm wondering if thats what it was
QUOTE(CaesarGStudy)
... People should try to remove all logical things first before saying its paranormal.

#2 yeitso

yeitso

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:10 AM

I've only been touched 1 time (at least I think so)
it felt very soft but cold
The best I can compare it to would be like a cat's tail barely gliding on your skin, but it was a chilly sensation
user posted image

#3 Guest_corvette1972_*

Guest_corvette1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:38 PM

I have my hair pulled all the time...all I can tell you is that it HURTS!

#4 Darktania

Darktania

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:57 PM

Does this only happen at night when you're in bed? Chances are you were having a night terror or a wake dream. I have them all the time. I feel things touch my legs, tap my stomach and yes even rub through my hair. I also see things move around the room such as Shadow People, blobs, and spectral furniture. It's a horribly frightening experience that seems very real because you think you're awake. You're eyes are open but your mind is dreaming so anything is possible.

If you start to have these encounters while you are awake and performing day activities then I'd have to say that you're not dreaming. But if it's confined to your bedtime then I'd lean towards a Wake Dream.

Darktania
Dont be afraid of the Dark. Be afraid of what's in it.

#5 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:12 AM

differant people feel differant things. Most describe a cold sensation like ice being pressed against them.

#6 Guest_corvette1972_*

Guest_corvette1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:44 AM

the temp in my house does seem to drop.  My daughter described it as a "dead hand" touching her

#7 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:08 AM

My hair didnt move where I was being rubbed but It felt tingly

Funny you mentioned tingly. I believe I've been touched my a ghost as well and this is what it felt like. The only way I've been able to describe it is a soft tingly sensation like it would feel the way sparkles look.  It had no temperature either. But it sure made me jump!  blink.gif

#8 Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Military history, Reading, Anime, Table Top gaming, Iron Maiden, Hunting, Paintball, etc.

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Darktania @ Oct 29 2004, 05:57 PM)
Does this only happen at night when you're in bed? Chances are you were having a night terror or a wake dream. I have them all the time. I feel things touch my legs, tap my stomach and yes even rub through my hair. I also see things move around the room such as Shadow People, blobs, and spectral furniture. It's a horribly frightening experience that seems very real because you think you're awake. You're eyes are open but your mind is dreaming so anything is possible.

If you start to have these encounters while you are awake and performing day activities then I'd have to say that you're not dreaming. But if it's confined to your bedtime then I'd lean towards a Wake Dream.

Darktania

That's the first thought I have when I hear anything that happens while tired, in bed, on a couch, or anyplace comfertable. As it is very easy just to fall a sleep for a short time. Once that happens you are hard pressed to tell reality from a night terror(I can't). And if your not used to them you could easily wake up and you would swear it was real.

Tingling also can be a sign of a night terror. especially if you wake up and feel that way(usually if you are paralyised).
-------------------------------------------------------
"The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death if it is honourable is a great reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#9 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:44 AM

I have too often heard of the hair rising when touched by aghost

#10 Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf

Ghoul

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Military history, Reading, Anime, Table Top gaming, Iron Maiden, Hunting, Paintball, etc.

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

Hair can raise for any number of reason. Fear being one(that would explain why some say it happens on Ghost hunts). Can also be caused by a change in the temperature, wind, a insect getting to close, any number of natural reasons. But if it happens sometime that you are on edge and/or you are a firm believer in the supernatural, you could be assoceating something that is perfectly normal as being caused by the supernatural.
-------------------------------------------------------
"The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death if it is honourable is a great reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#11 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:55 AM

so true, I myself have never had hair raise, but I have felt chills and at times even felt like I was being watched. I guess it could really be fear because I was not afraid and the hair on my arms was normal as always.

#12 Darktania

Darktania

Banshee

• False Positive
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:38 PM

The thing that helps for me is to keep SOME light on, doesn't have to be so strong, I always leave the TV on. And a nightlamp. Sheesh, I'm such a coward.

Dont feel alone "Another Idiot". Since I have so many Night Terrors I never sleep alone in my bedroom. And if I am alone at home I always sleep in the living room with the TV on. I know that it's just a dream but it always scares the living snot out of me. My GF was over last night so I decided to go sleep in my bedroom. Well I went to bed before her and I had another wake dream. This time I kept experiencing spider webs landing on my face. Kinda like when you're walking and you walk face first into a spider web. This time it wasn't scary. Just a pain in the butt.

Darktania

#13 MoonLite

MoonLite

Ghostlight

• False Positive
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Psychic Development (particularly mediumship), Tarot and Oracle Reading, Genealogy, History... to name but a few!

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:46 AM

Spirits touching you, does feel like a tingling sensation.  It was also described to me as feeling like cobwebs on your hand when I was in search of explanations to "sensations" that I was feeling.  Sometimes if they are ruffling your hair, can sort of feel like something "crawling" in it... hmm, guess, very strange feeling, but not so bad of you can become at ease with it.  smile.gif
Posted Image

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant...
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift..."
~ Albert Einstein ~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users